Friday, August 10, 2012

Back at the Point


I am officially back at West Point. I have had a haircut, shaved, and I am back wearing uniforms. And to be honest, I am really really excited. This is probably the most excited I have been at West Point EVER!! This year off has given me so much persprective, and God has really worked in me. In the previous post I discussed some of the ways God has changed me. In short:

-Be flexible
-Other cultures matter
-Do not worry about tomorrow
-Relationships are important

Along with the changes above, I have seen myself become more positive in my attitude about everything. I am just a happier guy. And it is not because I am putting on a fake smile or just pretending everything is ok. It is because God has given me a satisfation about life I have never felt before. It is almost like He is telling me, "I got everything under control, Patrick." I love this feeling, and I hope it rubs off on other people. Life is not always perfect, but to know that God has everything under control helps me everyday.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." -Romans 8:28

So now begins my next chapter in life. Israel and my shepherding days are over, now time for West Point.

I'm going to:

STAY POSITIVE. STAY OPTIMISTIC. AND SHOW PEOPLE THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST.

2 comments: