Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Favorite Sheep!!

I don't really know if I should have a favorite sheep or not. They are all wonderful, but 391 is my favorite. 391 was born just over a month ago while I was watching the sheep in the pasture. I was also lucky enough to get a picture of her being born.
Here she is 5 minutes old
To be honest, I really do not know why she is my favorite. But because of her being my favorite I have taken a lot of pictures. And I thought it would be cool for you back home to watch her grow up on the farm, because I know must of you have probably not seen a sheep grow up before. Also since God calls us his sheep, is there a similarity in how they grow and how humans grow? I don't know just a thought.  

This is her at 2 days old and back in the barn. Newly born babies stay in , what we call, the hospital for  6-8 days. The hospital consists of 10 separate living areas for the sheep. It allows us to keep an eye on the baby and make sure she/he is developing normal.

391 has moved out of the hospital and to a cage with about 20 other babies  and mothers.

She is playing with a friend and showing affection by touching heads. She is 17 days old in this picture.


Getting ready to drink milk from her mother. She is 23 days old in this picture.

Same age as above, but with a close up.

In this picture, she is towards the back. She is 26 days old and starting to get  use to being without mom.
This is the most recent picture of her and she is 31 days old
I hope you all like watching her grow up with me. She has been a great lamb. One question I do have for you is: What would you name her? 391 is not the best sounding name. So if you have some time submit the name you think is the best and I will try and pick one before the next post.

Prayer Requests:

  • I want to thank you all again for your prayers for rain. It is suppose to rain again tomorrow, and please continue to pray for more rain. This area of Israel cannot have too much rain.
  • Please pray for the family I am serving. Pray that I bless them with everything I do. I was reading the other day in Genesis about Jacob and his service to Laban. It says in Genesis 30:27 that the Lord blessed Laban because of Jacob. I think that is so cool, and I hope Nissim's family can be blessed just like Laban's.
  • I also pray that God continues to teach me new things, and gives me ears to hear and eyes to see his work.
Thank you again all of you who pray for me and follow me on this blog. Talk to you soon.

Your Friend,

Patrick

3 comments:

  1. Hi Patrick, Great Post! I will pray for you. Your little lamb should be called Hillary. The Lord owns a thousand cattle on the Hillary. I know it's a stretch, but its a cute name for a cute lamb. So sweet.
    Love hearing from you. Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the Bryans: I think Chantilly would be nice, you could call her Tilly. Joel says Lily. Berea says Violet. Jane says Alexa. John says Nellie. Or, Juliet, Sally (as in 'sallyport' ha!), or Fantastic Wooly Sweater. We continue to pray for rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok hold up. I also pray that God continues to teach me new things, and gives me ears to hear and eyes to see his work. Your god answered that prayer 🙏 but u ever heard or saw what he did when he put ur mate in your lap and u chose to throw it away wo a second thought 💭

    ReplyDelete