Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My bags are packed...

I am ready to go! My flight leaves at 10:45 pm tonight from Chicago. I have packed light, but I have everything I need. For those of you who are interested in what I am reading while I am gone my reading list is: The Holy Bible (ESV Study), A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23, Moonwalking with Einstein, Disciplines of a Godly Man, and Experiencing God. It seems like the perfect list for me to grow and learn about God. There were other books I really wanted to bring, but I would rather spend time reading the Bible not reading a book about reading the Bible. That is the Bible will be my focus and get the most attention.

My ChipIn widget is something that I put on my blog a few months ago. It allows people to give online while I am in Israel. I have had a total of 6 contributors online through this program, and I want to thank all those that contributed. But yesterday I was showing a friend my blog when they told me that the ChipIn widget would not let them give. Somehow the widget said the event had ended. I am here to tell you that this event is not over. The Devil will try in every way to shut down this trip and distract me from God. I pray for God's protection and power over this trip. And since this was caught before I left I was able to restart the event. This is why there is a new Chipin widget and is says 0 contributors. I pray that this does not discourage those who have already given because I want to thank those 6 contributors. I do not need a machine to tell me how much you all matter to me. So thank you for everything the prayers, the support, and the love.

For those who are keeping a tally of the length of my hair/beard this is how far I am. The sideburns are growing very slowly, but I am sure they will catch up. I mean they do have 8 months. But the beard is one of many changes I am making. The second and very important change is I am taking myself out of this global network: AKA twitter, facebook, cell phones, facetime, etc. Yes I will be keeping a blog, because I will be keeping a journal anyway. But this is only done once a week. The focus is on God not electronics or any thing else. I do not want any distractions. Yesterday when I took my phone into Verizon to have it shut off for 8 months it felt so weird, but at the same time I felt a sense of freedom. The freedom came from the fact that I will not have a cell phone tying up my time or taking my intention. My Pastor and great friend DC Curry said it best when he said, "A belief in God does not bind you or imprison you. It frees you from the things of this world." I live for God in freedom not bondage!! Thank you Lord!

Whelp see you later, United States. Bye my friends and family. Thank you for loving me just as I am and running along side of me as I run with Christ. I will see you in eight months.

Your Friend,

Patrick

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you, friend. Can't wait to hear all the awesome experiences you gain from this trip. May the power and presence of God be on you heavily.

    ReplyDelete