Wednesday, September 28, 2011

In Israel....and Mom I Landed Safe

As the title states, I have made it to Israel. It is currently 7:00 am and the sun is up outside. I also found out that today is New Year's Day. Happy New Year!! This is marked by Rosh Hashana.

So before I go meet up with my host family I want to thank those that helped me get to the airport and tell you about the trip so far. Thank you Mom, Mark, and Grandma for the ride to Chicago. They also helped me eat my last meal in the US which was none other than Giordanoes Stuffed Deep Dish. Yummmy in my Tummmy


Then it was bye to the family and hello security line. Before I knew it I was on the plane to London and fast asleep. It was an 8 hour flight, and I slept all 8 hours. As we landed, I woke up and was ready to go exploring on my 11 hour layover.

First stop was fish and chips at a local pub called The Mitre Youngs.
The fish and chips were really good and I got a spot of tea with my email.
Also for future reference do not try to use a London accent. I did and failed miserably.





Then it was time to "Experience God"                                                         at the park. The book I am reading                                                         through with my home church, Granger Community Church.   


Kessington Palace


                                         
Kessington Garden


Afternoon Tea is a must in London
I saw this when I was getting on my flight to come to Israel. How fitting is this?



And finally I arrive in Israel. This is a picture of a menorah outside of the airport  in Tel Aviv. So now I am here and ready to go.  Lord my prayer is that you will make me moldable, flexible, and available here in Israel.                                                                                                                           



3 comments:

  1. Good to know you made it safe. May many blessings be poured out upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Great Post. May the Lord keep a hedge around you and bless you. May he give you wisdom and boldness. May he guide you, direct you. May you stand firm on his solid rock. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We ask this in his precious ALMIGHTY name, in the name of Jesus.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete