Friday, April 6, 2012

L'abri (Switzerland)


L'abri was my first stop on my Europe trip. It is in Huemoz, Switzerland and I had a blast. 

It is hard to explain the type of place L'abri is, but I will try. L'abri is a work study program. You study in the morning and do work around the village in the afternoon. I only stayed 4 days, but some people stay entire semesters. You are paired up with a tutor that guides you along whatever you decide to study. There library is huge and it has so many books and sermons. The Swiss L'abri opened in 1955 by Francis and Edith Schaeffer to those who were seeking answers to life's many questions. It is like a christian community where people come and seek Christ together while showing the community Christ. http://www.labri.org/

Here are some pictures of my visit. The mountains in the background are the Alps. They are beautiful especially for someone from Indiana. It also snowed while I was there because L'abri is up in the mountains a little bit. 

Enjoy=)  












































5 comments:

  1. Hi I found your blog this evening and I wanted to ask you about L'abri. We (wife and I) are going to l'abri for 5 days this June. We are 63 and 60 years of age but young at heart! Are we too old for this type of thing at L'abri? Just wondering. We are from Indiana as well!
    Dan and Karen Felstead

    www.woodandpixels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,

    First of all it is always great to meet another Hoosier.
    And to answer your question, I think you would fit in perfectly at L'abri. When I was there there was a women in her late 50s and she had a blast. L'abri's purpose and mission has nothing to do with age. So if you are young at heart and are seeking answers about God this is the perfect place for you. I wish you all the best and if you have any more questions feel free to contact me!!

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus Christ only has power over ur life because u put ur blind faith in him. Ricky u can’t solve all of life’s problems with a prayer to a god who put ur problems there in the first place 😉😈

      Delete
  3. Patrick...thank you for the reply. I may have some questions and will get back to you. Have a safe and great trip. I can't wait!!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete